Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Weeds Quote

my new favorite line from TV: sums up my life.

I got what the world would

call a normal, boring job.

I wake up in the morning, get dressed,

drive myself to work, put on a name tag,

take my brain out of my skull,

and place it in a drawer.

I spend the next nine

hours smiling at people,

pretending to be interested

in their happiness,

tolerating the company of my

co-workers, staring at the clock.

At the end of the day, I take my name tag

off, open the drawer, reach for my brain,

plop it back inside, walk to the

employee parking lot, drive myself home.

And it's really, really, really boring.

It looks like I'm gonna be

doing it for a long, long time.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

I think that would sum up almost every customer service job in the world, and some classes I am taking.